Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Beginning of Week 4...

This morning was an important and interesting part of our journey.  Jenn and I were discussing the progress we've made, and really the lack of any noticeable difference physically.  Although I feel stronger and better about myself, the scale hasn't changed, and it hasn't for her either.  Normally, I would be upset and frustrated by this and really want to give up since it seems useless.  Something has definitely changed in me because I'm refusing to let no noticeable progress hinder me in achieving what I want.  I know that things aren't going to come easy, and that I'm going to have to work my ass off if I want to be healthy, fit, and sexy.  Personally, I'm really trying to use this mud run as motivation to make a complete lifestyle change.  I don't want to consider myself a sedentary person anymore.. I want to be an active, healthy person who loves to exercise and keep my body in shape.  Actually achieving the goals I set to workout is making me feel GREAT!  Many times before I set workout goals for myself and would make excuses for not doing it, but now I know that if I want to feel great I have to do it.  If I missed a day of working out now I would be seriously mad at myself.  I also think that even if I don't lose a lot of weight before the mud run I'll definitely know that I'm stronger.  In addition to that, I would be so proud of myself for achieving something I never thought I could before.  I think the mental development from all of this will be the most important of everything.  Getting into the mindset that exercising is fun and necessary for a healthy life will be worth way more than losing 15 pounds.  


Here's a quote that I think fits well with my post today:

This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be excited about using exercise to lose weight if you hope to shed some extra pounds. But we fall off the proverbial treadmill over and over again because we’re getting on it for the wrong reasons in the first place – exercise is about far more than weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment