Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'M BACK!!

Going on vacation lead to me neglecting this for a few weeks.. but I'M BACK!  I'll go through what has gone on since then...

The week on vacation I didn't get a chance to work out.  I ran Friday night at my grandmom's which was great, but after that I was just too tired with all the walking we were doing to keep it up.  I really didn't eat great, but I also was walking all day and not eating that often so I think it kind of evened out.  I was bummed that I didn't go running like I had wanted, but at the same time I had to be reasonable with myself.  Walking for 12 hours all day is a lot of exercise, and running before/after that would not work with sore legs!
I got back into the workout swing the Monday I was back.  The other girls were running 2 miles by then, and I DIED trying to do it.  I really thought my heart was going to explode and ending up jogging/power walking it.  Surprisingly enough, the next day when we went out to run I was totally fine!  It was really weird but I guess my body just had to get used to it again.  That entire week we were running 2 miles.
This week on Monday, we ran 2 miles then did Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 Week 4!!  Week 4 was hard, but I actually liked it better than week 3 because the moves weren't crazy positions, just really tough.  After we finished that we both were feeling pretty good so we decided to go out and run another mile!  It was awesome to know that I had run 3 miles in one day, when before I NEVER would have been able to do that. Tuesday we did the No More Trouble Zones DVD which I really like.  I'm sore afterwards which makes me feel good because I know I'm working hard.  Yesterday I had to work late and then cleaned my room so I didn't have time to work out :(

So far my hardest issue with eating/losing weight has to do with drinking.  I'm in college and I love drinking it's just soooo many calories!  It puts me in such bad circumstances because I want to get fit, healthy, and skinny but I want to drink and have fun as well.  I've also thought about trying to stay away from really sugary mixers and stick with diet or club soda, but my biggest downfall for sure is beer and wine!  I just don't want to give it up, and it's so hard because I know it's messing up my progress but it's the one thing that I just don't want to get rid of.  I can manage without giving in to my urges for french fries, pizza, and ice cream but I just can't stay home when all my friends are going out to the bar!  And once I'm there I'm not going to have just 1 or 2 drinks to stay under my calorie limit.   Someone please invent calorie free alcohol!!!!!  

Besides that big issue I'm having, for some reason my weight seems to be dropping really easily this week.  I've lost about 3 pounds this week, which makes me SUPER happy!!! This is the first time I'm really even seeing weight loss.  I want to do my measurements again this week to compare from last week to see if there is any difference there as well.  Hopefully things will keep up!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment