Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beginning of Week 2!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days!  I'll start with Monday..


July 18: We were all kind of mad we didn't get a chance to workout Sunday, so Monday we made sure to push ourselves extra hard.  We did the Jillian Michael's DVD for strength training, but increased our weights to 2 lb on ankles and 5 lb hand weights.  I definitely could tell the difference in how much harder it made it.  I had to alternate between 3 and 5 lb hand weights for some of the moves because I'm just not strong enough yet to do them all with the 5 lbs.  I felt good that I could make it through some of the moves with 5 lb weights though, it made me feel like I was making progress.  In addition, I feel like I'm getting used to the workout so I can do all the moves properly but not so used to it that I'm doing things wrong, it feels great!


July 19: I was pretty sore Tuesday from Monday's workout!  I'm really liking the pattern of doing familiar exercises but increasing the weight.  Tuesday we had a plan to workout at 4, but from some miss communication two of us ended up taking a nap! We realized it around 6, and all got up and forced ourselves to do the workout.  I'm proud of us because we were really tired and did not want to do it, but still pushed ourselves to accomplish something that day.  I know I personally didn't work as hard as I could have, but I still felt good knowing I did it rather than going back to sleep.  Earlier in the day I ordered a Jillian Michaels cardio DVD, which I think I'll really like.  I find her workouts the toughest but also the most encouraging to keep going.  I'm really excited for it to come on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment