Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Introduction!

Welcome to my blog!  I've never written one before so hopefully it goes well.  I'm trying to use this as extra motivation to stick with my plan and achieve the goals I've set.  I figure if I have people reading this, I wouldn't want to disappoint them by slacking off!  


So here's our story:  My 2 roommates and I are three girls in college looking to challenge ourselves and get in the best shape of our lives.  This pushed us to decide to set a goal to participate in a Mud Run.  We picked the Big Bash Obstacle Dash because it gives us about 2 months to train, not too short and not too long.  The link for the event is here:  http://www.bigbashdash.com/


How we're training: We decided to use Weight Watchers as a way to diet and eat healthy.  We all have used the program before so we are familiar with it, and have had success in the past.  As for exercising, we are working out Sunday-Friday with Saturday as a rest day.  Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday are strength training days, and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are cardio.  We're all pretty beginner level athletes, so we decided to use workout videos in our living room to help us learn moves that really work.  For strength training we bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, and for cardio we have a variety of DVDS from Billy's Boot Camp to P90.  As we strengthen our muscles and hearts we will begin running outside through terrain to better prepare ourselves.


For me this really is a life journey.  I was a dancer my whole life and have never done anything as intense or scary as a Mud Run.  I really am looking to push myself to the limit and see what I can achieve when I put my mind to it.  I hope to develop skills I can bring with me throughout my life, and become the kind of person who loves being physically fit and exercising.  So for the next 9 weeks, follow me through my Journey to the Mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment